Smoke or Soot Damage
Smoke and Soot damage
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Athens & Gallia Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 740-286-2550
Restoring Your Commercial Property After Water Damage
We won't allow water damage to keep your doors closed for long. Acting quickly and working efficiently to restore your property is our top priority.
Flooding and water damage events to commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call. We will be there quickly to provide the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Athens & Gallia Counties
SERVPRO of Athens & Gallia Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When storms or floods hit our neighborhoods, SERVPRO is ready!
No job is too large or small. When you need us, we are always here to help.
SERVPRO of Athens & Gallia Counties specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. While we are physically located in Jackson, OH we provide service to a large portion of southeastern Ohio, officially servicing Jackson, Gallia, Vinton, Meigs, Ross, Pike, Pickaway and Athens counties.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit our communities, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States. There is no loss too large for our team.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today - 740-286-2550 or 740-598-9800
Ready to Join Our Team?
We are currently looking for results-driven individuals for the following positions on our team:
Sales & Marketing Representative
- Build customer relationships and rapport by educating them on the reasons SERVPRO®is the best cleaning and restoration company in the world
- Participate in professional associations and provide educational lunch-and-learns with COIs
- Complete Emergency Ready Profiles (ERPs) and discuss benefits of emergency event preparation
- A minimum two years of progressively responsible business-to-business sales experience
- Experience with sales and marketing within the service sector
- Superb sales, customer service, administrative, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong process-and-results-driven attitude
- Experience in the commercial cleaning and restoration or insurance industry is desired
- Manage and complete jobs according to SERVPRO processes per work order.
- Respond to service calls when needed.
- Set up and establish efficient job flow, coordinate requirements for the job, complete job documentation, perform and supervise production work, and monitor assigned jobs from start to finish.
- Follow and enforce all safety procedures on the job site.
- Resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Monitor all assigned jobs to ensure customer needs are met.
- Effective written and oral communication
- Basic math skills
- Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
- High school diploma/GED
- IICRC certifications preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
- Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary
Please apply in person at our office located at10704 Chillicothe Pike, Jackson, OH 45640 or by email tojhughes@SERVPROjacksongallia.com.
We look forward to meeting you!